Calling all Gloucestershire/South Gloucestershire/Worcestershire teachers: A CPD opportunity not to be missed!

Apologies for not having posted sooner, but I have been back in the classroom, teaching a Year 3 and 4 class to cover a maternity leave (something I feel consultants should do from time to time, in order to be able to truly empathise with fellow professionals and gain inspiration for future CPD workshops).

In light of the current emphasis on ‘mastery’, I have organised the event below.

Feel free to share with any relevant colleagues.

Do join us if you can.

F.A.O. Key Stage Coordinators and Geography/History/Humanities Subject Leaders in particular (other Subject Leaders, classroom teachers, NQTs and trainee teachers are more than welcome, however)

So, what might mastery look like beyond the realm of maths?

If you wish to discover more about developing mastery across the primary curriculum (with a particular emphasis on the humanitiesgeography and history), then why not come along to a CPD workshop that I shall be delivering on Thursday 2nd February 2017 (from 9.30 am until 12 noon) in the Community Room at The Milestone School, Longford Lane, Gloucester, GL2 9EU?

The session aims to:

• consider what the ‘buzz words’ of our time, namely ‘mastery’ and ‘becoming masters’, actually mean;
  • look at how to integrate the mastery approach into the teaching and learning of subjects beyond maths;
  • showcase examples of mastery across the primary curriculum, especially those related to the humanitiesgeography and history;
  • give you the opportunity to network with teachers from other schools (to share best practice, as well as establish future rapport);
  • provide you with a number of invaluable web-links and resources, plus time built in to explore these.

The cost of the session is £100.00 per person, with refreshments provided upon arrival and throughout the morning.

Reservations can be made by adding a comment below.

Early booking is recommended as places are limited.  Please apply no later than Friday 20th January 2017.

You will also need to have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop/tablet and a memory stick to hand.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions.

I look forward to seeing some familiar faces again, as well as some new ones too.

Terms and conditions

By making a reservation you are agreeing to the following conditions:

Refunds on cancelled bookings will be made as follows:

• Received more than 14 days before the date of the specified workshop/s – no charge.
  • Received 7-14 days before the date of the specified workshop/s – 50% refund.
  • Received less than 7 days before the date of the specified workshop/s – no refund.
  • No refund will be made for delegates not attending.

I reserve the right to cancel workshop/s should they not be viable to run.  Delegates will be entitled to a full refund.